I was scheduled to be induced March 4th. We were to be at the hospital at 5 AM. At 4 AM the hospital called my parents phone for some reason and said to wait for them to call us back to come. Around 8 AM I called them to make sure we hadn't missed the call and I was told Dr. Barney was just coming out of surgery and they'd go ask him if it was still ok to have me come today. (He only works half days on Fridays) They called me back right before 8:30 and said I was good if I came RIGHT NOW! "Bryant hurry we have to go RIGHT NOW if we want a baby today!" His response, "Ok I can just throw a hat on and go." Me, "5 min shower!" :) I was against a hat at Brooklyn's birth and this one too! Sorry Bry I'm just not a huge fan.
We arrived at Jordan Valley Hospital at 9 AM. I was hooked up and pitocen started at 10 AM. In my labor room this time we decided to just have Bryant and I. I didn't want the epidural again and so it pointless to have people there, I needed to just concentrate on the contractions. I told Bry he didn't need to stand by me the whole time. (With Brooklyn he stood by the bed and held my hand for 4 hours) So he sat at the table doing homework and I read magazines. I didn't feel anything for the first 2 hours. At noon Dr. Barney came in and Broke my water. Bryant turned on Megamind at that time for me to watch. I told the nurse and Dr. Barney I was going to have the baby when the movie finished. They laughed at me and said ok. 12:15 I started feeling the contractions. During the contractions I would blow into an air mask and listen hard to hear the movie. It was a great distraction. 12:45 Bry looked at me very concerned everytime I had a contraction. I know it's hard on him that I don't get the epidurals. So I asked him if he wanted me to get the epidural this time and then I would have done one with and one without, that way I could decide which one I liked best and do that for the next baby. Next time the nurse came in I asked for it. She went to call for the anesthesiologist. She came in with the paper work and I signed it. The contractions were getting very hard. She came back and said there was an emergency c section that the anesthesiologist had to rush to and they were going to try and find another somewhere. It was 1:15 PM and I yelled I think she's coming! They checked me and I was dilated to a 7. Next contraction she checked again, I was an 8, then quickly a 9. I started yelling I have to push, I have to push! She's yelling at me don't push, whatever you do don't push! Yeah right I couldn't control anything, but I tried. The nurse yelled for someone to get Dr. Barney. He came running in and 2 pushes later our little girl was here! It was crazy and very fast. I am so grateful for fast labors. I don't think I'll ever get the epidural there's no time :) I technically only felt the contractions for an hour and a half. Oh and Avery came before the movie ended! We only stayed in the hospital overnight. They let us leave around 3 PM. Here are pictures from the hospital....
Avery Jeanne Klug
March 4th, 2011 @ 1:33 PM
8 lbs 2 oz, 19 1/4 inches
Saying bye to Brooklyn the night before.

Daddy saying bye.

Last picture of the baby bump.
Last picture of our family of 3.
First picture of Avery.
Dr. Barney
Bry is obsessed with hair. He took this to show she did have some.
Crazy Bry censoring her first feeding. Silly boy!
I love her!!!
THE MANY FACES OF AVERY:

I couldn't get enough of her!
Our great nurse.
FIRST BATH:
First time meeting sister.
Brooklyn was so in love right from the start.
My girls.
Brooklyn brought the bunny for Avery.
She is a sleeper! I was trying everything to wake her up to eat. She'd go 6 hour stretches at the hospital.
Saturday morning Bryant and Avery slept forever. I was so bored!
Sleeping in.

Daddy loves his new little girl.
Avery had a gift for Brooklyn.
"I'm a Big Sister" Book
Matching outfits to go home in.


We are home!
I am so happy! I am so grateful Heavenly Father has trusted to raise these two beautiful girls. All I ever wanted was to grow up and be a mom. Thank you Bry for making it possible and letting me.

I had that awesome nurse for a couple days when I was in the hospital before the twins were born. I loved her and wished she would have been the one helping me the day I delivered. As always your family is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures! Your girls are so cute :) I can not believe I will have two little girls soon! So crazy.
ReplyDelete