Thursday, September 22, 2011

Brooklyn's New Love...

BOWLING!

3 months ago I took Brooklyn bowling for the first time. My friend gave us a summer pass where kids can bowl one game free everyday until the end of Oct. Pretty cool. Brooklyn loved it. We've only gone a couple times. I totally should have taken advantage of the free bowling, we've still got time.

This week for Family Night our lesson was I will obey. We are using the Nursery Manual as our family night lessons, and it's great. So we talked about obeying Heavenly Father and us. We decided to take her bowling and let her practice listening to us. She did great. She didn't wander off and would wait patiently for her turn. Bryant's friend from school lives out here too so we asked Scott and Trisha to come with us. It was really fun. I bowled 142 my first game, and i'm really proud of that! We bowled 3 games, and Brooklyn 2. The last game they turned the lights off and had the disco ball going with loud music. Brooklyn got so excited and danced all over. I was so mad I didn't have our camera to record it. We were all laughing pretty hard. Everyone there were able to learn a few new moves :)

These pictures are from her first time bowling:
She wanted to carry the ball all by herself.


Caleb is so good with my girls. Brooklyn loves him. He was so cute and asked to hold Avery.

Avery didn't want to be passed around anymore :(
Sorry Reya.

So happy. What a big girl.

Cute Reya. She is only a day younger then Brooklyn.

I put this one so you can see my gorgeous friend Kendra in the background!
She's all I got out here in Oregon :(

My little bowler.


This is why I chose bowling as our obedience test. Last time we went bowling she would run off and wasn't interest in bowling and would just go get lost in the arcade.

2 comments:

  1. That's an excellent idea to use the nursery manual! (We're horrible about doing family night.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, our FHE lesson this week was I Will Obey too! I just randomly picked it out of the nursery manual. When Hailey doesn't listen, I make her say, "I will obey". I feel like I'm brainwashing her. But I don't care. :) I wish we were in Portland with you guys! That's fun that you invited Scott and Trisha to go bowling with you. And... at least you have A friend. I'm a total loner here in Utah. :)

    ReplyDelete