Saturday, October 16, 2010

Halloween Fun!

Brooklyn and I have been having so much fun this Halloween season. She is at a very fun age and I have been feeling bad that I don't do enough activities with her. I've vowed to be better. I've tried to find things that she would love to do with me and so far all of them have been a hit. We have made gingerbread houses, gone to the pumpkin patch, and decorated her pumpkin. There's been other things but they weren't Halloween related so I'll save them for another post :)

HALLOWEEN GINGERBREAD HOUSE:
We had family home evening and then made gingerbread houses right after. Side note: Brooklyn and I are staying at my parents with them and my little sister, and they have been great to join us and make it fun for Brooklyn. She makes them sing a lot of songs and we are not talented singers but they are troopers! So anyway we got these awesome gingerbread house kits for Brooklyn and Kylie to do. It was fun and frustrating trying to get them to work. Here are the pics from that night....


One of Kylie's walls came broken so from the start she was fixing broken pieces.

I was trying to get the walls up fast so then Brooklyn could go to town decorating the outside. It all fasinated her.

Rolling out the fondant.

I like how she used her middle finger to rub water on the fondant to stick to the gingerbread cookie.

Assembling the house.


Poor Kylie wasn't having good luck. Her cookies kept breaking and then the last straw was her frosting bag bursting open :(


Brooklyn put all the candies on the house and in the front yard by herself.


She loved having free reign to put them anywhere.
I think she did a great job.
All done.

Brooklyn was so proud of her house. She made everyone come look at it. When visitors come she says, "Hurry come look at my house!"


PUMPKIN PATCH:
Last Saturday we went to the pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins and we invited the grandma's to come along. This was actually my first time taking her to a pumpkin patch. Her first Halloween she was only a couple weeks old and then last year I guess we were just bums! When we first got there we took a lot of pictures on the haystack things. (I'm trying to document everything for Bry) Finally I told Brooklyn she could go pick out her pumpkin. She found one she absolutely loved! It was the cuteset thing ever watching her with this little pumpkin. We had to find a big pumpkin for our next Halloween project and we did that pretty quickly. Grandma Terri really wanted a picture in a wheel burrow so she asked some guy if we could use theirs for a picture of Brooklyn with our 2 pumpkins. He was really nice and let us. After we took it we noticed Brooklyn's was cracked and opened in the back. I told her it was yucky and we had to find a different one. She was reluctant at first but then was excited to go running through the pumpkin patch again. We'd find a cute one and tell her. She'd run over and say, "No that one is yucky." She'd then run off to find another one. We did that SEVERAL times before we hear her yell, "I FOUND IT, YAY!" She had the biggest grin. I got all this on video and can't wait to show Bryant. So then I forced Brooklyn to go through another photo shoot since we needed a picture of the pumpkins we actually brought home. It was very fun watching her there. She's a big girl.


Family Photo.



Grandma Klug on the left and Grandma Wotring on the right.

She was done taking pictures


I made her take one more with me. The only way to make her smile was to pose with that pumpkin. It's not ours :)

Her first pumpkin. So cute!!!!!

Picture with our pumpkins before we realized she needed a new one.

I'm sad we couldn't keep that pumpkin, she LOVED it!

Is this the perfect pumpkin Brooklyn?


YES!


These are the pumpkins we brought home.




PUMPKIN WITCH:
I didn't want Brooklyn to carve a pumpkin because I didn't think that would be very hands on and fun for her. So I was just going to let her color on it, but then I found rub on faces. I thought that would be perfect. I got the one that was a witch. She has a little lisp sometimes and I love how she says witches. That's mostly why I chose the witch. :) When we got home from the pumpkin patch we got to work on our witch. It was harder than I had hoped to rub on. I had to help a lot more than I wanted, but she really enjoyed doing it still. We cut the hair off an old Jason mask and glued that to the pumpkin. At Target they had $1 kids witches hat which we glued on to the hair. I think she turned out great and Brooklyn named her Pumpkin Witch. Everyone that comes over also has to run outside with her to see Pumpkin Witch!



Getting started.
Brooklyn didn't really get what we were doing until the first eye was on the pumpkin.

Then she loved it.


Glueing on the hair.

Here's Pumpkin Witch.
She's looking away from the camera in this because I was recording her. She was telling Daddy about her pumpkin witch. It was cute.


Kisses




She wanted to go play with all my parents pumpkins outside after taking pictures with pumpkin witch. This pumpkin my parents grew in their garden. It's huge.




She found one that looks like a spider and was laughing.


Spider pumpkin


She yelled Mommy take my picture and then sat herself down on the spider.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are having fun! I love Pumpkin Witch! Still might steal that idea. Mom and Dad's pumpkin is awesome. I didn't know they were growing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shirt you have, cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete