Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Potty Training?
Ok so there is no potty training going on in our house just yet, but Avery has gone potty 7 times in the toilet! That's right my 13 1/2 month old loves the potty!
Avery had started bringing us a diaper and plopping herself down to be changed a couple weeks ago. It's not every time she has a dirty diaper, but a bunch. And I had noticed her diaper is dry when she wakes up in the morning and then she goes pee. So Bryant and I had jokingly said she is ready to be potty trained. There is no way I would really do it right now though because she doesn't really talk!
Friday night Brooklyn was going potty before bed. The whole family is always in the bathroom doing the bedtime routine, so Avery was watching. She started going, "Uh Uh." I asked her if she wanted to go potty on the toilet and she stepped closer. Bryant told me to stick her on if she wanted. So we did. Next thing we hear her peeing! We started cheering and yelling good job! She was so excited. I took her off and we said lets get a diaper. She shook her head no at us. We said, "Avery come her and get your diaper!" She didn't listen. She walked to the side of the toilet and tried flushing it :)
The next 3 nights she went potty on the toilet before bed. Yesterday Daddy took her potty after dinner. We tried before bed, but nothing. She hoped off and went to flush the toilet but stopped and tried to climb up the toilet. I sat her back on and she peed. Then she flushed.
This morning I was going potty and Avery walked in. I asked her if she needed to go potty? She shook her head yes then started pulling on her pants. I put her on and she went.
We sure love our crazy little girl!
I don't think we will be potty training still for a while, but until then she's more then welcome to use the potty anytime she'd like. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Holy smokes. I hope that girl really does make it easy for you when it's time to learn! Hailey is almost 2 1/2 and happy as can be in her diapers. Sigh. I hate potty training.
ReplyDeleteYou are so lucky!!!!! I am so happy that she seems to be a natural with the whole idea. I'm sure we will be working on it in about 2 years.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's crazy and exciting!
ReplyDeleteLOL that is so funny! Hopefully she will keep it up when it is time to potty train. I am nervous to start with Owen but I can't wait to not have to buy diapers.
ReplyDelete