It was the BYU vs Utah game that day. Showing her cougar pride.
This is what they are known for. Bryant loves it. I love their biscuits and gravy.
After brunch we were going to find a hike to do. We knew of a trail head we were heading towards and made a slight detour to show them the Pittock Mansion. You can read about it here if interested. He owned the Oregonian and did lots of other stuff. He built the home in the 50's and died 4 years later. His family lived in it for a bit, until it was just one grandson all by himself so he left. It was damaged in a storm. It was scheduled to be demolished and the community raised money to save it. It now is owned by the city and you can tour it. It has a pretty view of Portland.
Paul and Terri in front of the Pittock Mansion.
The back of the mansion or the front, not sure what they considered to be their front door. There were a couple.
This is supposed to be the pretty view of the city but it was a smoggy day.
Posing in front of the Gardeners house. I would live in this.
We then headed to the Hoyt Arboretum and hiked around. It was very pretty. There are many trails you can take, and I really liked that we could push the stroller. Definitely a place we are going to go often.
So pretty.
She is obsessed with sticks.
Awesome tree called a "Monkey Puzzle". It's named that because it's the only tree a monkey can not climb. It's really cool looking.
STORY:
Brooklyn needed to pee. So we had to rind a spot for her to go. Brooklyn was embarrassed so she made everyone turn around. Everyone did, except Avery. The stroller was facing us. I held Brooklyn in a sitting position and after she had peed I shook her to dry her bum and then Avery started laughing hysterically. It was the best sound ever! Periodically I would pick Brooklyn up and shake her so Avery would laugh. Then Brooklyn helped me shake Avery and they both were dying laughing. So cute.
Shaking Aves.
The last part of the hike was done like this. They both loved it. I would run and they would laugh so hard.
This little guy was Brooklyn's inspiration for her caterpillars.
It was a great day, I really enjoyed it!




















Seeing your girls together makes me so excited for Hailey to have a sister! Your girls are so cute. And I still can't get over how big Avery is. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteThat story is so funny about the shaking and laughing! That place looks really pretty!
ReplyDelete